Sunday, August 3, 2008

WICKLOW REGATTA

As part of the Wicklow Regatta a group of artists hang their pictures on the railings around The Halpin Memorial in Wicklow Town, mostly members of Kilmantin Art Gallery which is in the town.

So ......yesterday I turned up with a lot of other artists and set out my pictures ...............just finished when the heavens opened, covered them quickly and when it stopped uncovered them ...............heavens opened again, by this stage a few exhibitors had left and I was getting very grumpy but decided to stay and went in search of plastic sheeting which I duly got ..............just in time ............another shower. Did I sell anything? Yes believe it or not, the town was buzzing with lots of people, the rain did not seem to put them off, mind you sailors are not put off by a bit of wet!

Apart from the weather it was an enjoyable day chatting to others around the railings and to people who came up to me during the day although I think it will be a while before I do that again.

No comments: