Thursday, January 1, 2009

FAMILY TRADITIONS

Like all families we have certain things we do at given times - I suppose you could call them rituals. On New Year's Eve Geoffrey always heats up the mince pies and sausage rolls he has made earlier and we have them with a drink or two around the fire as the New Year is rung in. This year we were missing Simon but he managed to ring just before our midnight and was with us so to speak as the year was rung in, it made it so much better. He sounded homesick, I will have to try and ring him today or should I say tonight as there is a ten hour difference so I will ring him late tonight. He had been watching the fireworks over Sydney Harbour earlier and was just going to have his breakfast as it was Boxing Day with him, I think by the sound of his voice he had been up all night!

No comments: