Thursday, June 26, 2008

NOT CRICKET

Went on line last night to check my son Simon's travel blog. He had downloaded some new written entries and some new photographs. He is in Siem Reap, Cambodia at the moment. OK , read the first entry good he is enjoying himself - next entry - he is describing the taste of fried crickets! I have to laugh when I remember how I had to battle to get him, and his brother, to eat anything new when it was put in front of them. One set of photographs just posted show him in Vietnam struggling to go down one of the Cu Chi tunnels that the Vietnamese used during the war with the US. The photos were taken in a series showing him gradually going down with his arms above his head looking very serious, the last photo shows him popping up and smiling, by the look on his face it was a relief when he was able to get back up. I have a daft son!

Havn't heard from my eldest who is in Tunisia at the moment............

No comments: