Friday, September 12, 2008

Have just spent the week catching up with my eldest son while he was home from Wales. I collected him from the ferry on Monday night - getting badly delayed by an accident on the N11 and by the time I picked him up it was getting dark so on the drive back home there were few distractions which allowed us to have a good chat. He leads a very busy life running his little parish and misses home and someone to chat to and it was lovely to be able to talk through a few things that were bothering him.

Yesterday on our way back from Dublin we drove around Glendalough/Laragh area and listening to him remarking on how lovely the scenery is made me look at where I live in a different light. We grumble about the weather but looking at the forestry in the sweeping rain yesterday it looked beautiful and majestic.

No comments: