Wednesday, October 1, 2008

LIFE

Today I decided to do some tidying in the study and came across some items that brought back some powerful memories.

I first of all I found my wedding veil worn 38 years ago when I married in a double ceremony with my younger sister, I remember my mother walking us proudly down through the church to begin the ceremony. In 1970 this was unheard of but because our Dad had died and one parent could not do the honours we only wanted our Mom to give us away. I remember it caused much comment but everyone agreed that it was a lovely sight.

The next item I found was my Mother's 1984 Diary, which I have not been able to read since she died and have still not read, a lot happened in 1984.

The last item I found was a smiling photograph of Simon taken for his Master's Degree which was lovely as he rarely smiles.

Life

No comments: