Friday, July 4, 2008

THE SEA STALLION IN WICKLOW

Great excitement in Wicklow Harbour - the Sea Stallion the viking ship - is docked in the harbour. Ran down during my lunch break to see her and take some photographs. The ship is much bigger than I thought and very long. The crew look very tired and I couldn't resist taking photos of two sleeping crew. There was quite a crowd around the ship but the crew did not seem to mind, just got on with the business in hand. I went back after I had finished work and found the crew lined up for their evening meal, it smelled lovely and as the ship is mostly open deck the crew had to find spots on the quay and surrounds to eat their meal, it was raining too, although I would say after the voyage they have just finished a bit of rain on "dry land" was no problem to them. The will be leaving on the tide in the morning and I hope to be able to see them leave.

No comments: