Monday, November 16, 2009

MISERY

Its been a horrible week. First Adam rang to say that his car was a right off after an accident with a bollard. He was ok thankfully but in dispair as he needs his car to get around his parish. Then the heating went - again.

I have spent all week chasing heating engineers who made all kinds of promises and then simply did not arrive, all the time getting colder and colder. I was so cold that I could not paint as my hands were just too cold. Finally I asked a fellow artist friend if she knew someone and she gave me a name and we rang him on Sunday (yes I know but we were SO COLD) and he CAME AROUND a few hours later AND GOT THE HEATING GOING, the relief was mighty.

Then Adam rang to say that he had found a car, at the right price and would be mobile again in a week.

There is only one niggling thought at the back of my mind - I am superstitious, don't things come in threes?

No comments: